Because humans are relatively large compared to most creatures, and because of our particular upright posture, most people will experience lower back pain at some point in life. There is a variety of common causes of low back pain. If you live in Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, or one of the surrounding communities, contact Dr. Harrison at Lifetime Family Health Center. Our chiropractor and chiropractic care support team frequently treats patients with a wide range of lower back pain conditions.
Common Low Back Pain Symptoms
Lower back pain comes in many forms and degrees of severity. Common symptoms include:
- Dull, achy pain: This type of pain is often constrained to the lower back area
- Burning, stinging radiating pain: Pain that moves to and from the lower back to the tops of the thighs and along the length of the legs
- Muscle spasms: Tightness and spasms in the pelvis, hips, and lower back
- Pain when sitting or standing: Pain that appears after a prolonged period of standing or sitting
- Trouble standing, walking, moving: Pain or weakness in the lower back can cause difficulty when standing up, sitting down, or walking
Some Conditions Contribute to Lower Back Pain
Certain conditions are frequently associated with lower back pain. These conditions are very common and can be treated using chiropractic care.
- Sciatica: Pain that radiates throughout the path of the sciatic nerve.
- Bulging Disc: A quarter or half of one of the discs of cartilage in your spine may show signs of wear and tear that comes naturally with age.
- Herniated Disc: This condition occurs when the hard outer layer of tough cartilage gets cracked, allowing the soft inner cartilage to protrude out of the disc.
Treatment for Low Back Pain
Your chiropractor can treat low back pain safely and reliably using a range of time tested and proven treatments. The application of these treatments can relieve pain, help support good health, and improve the patient’s overall sense of wellness.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: By treating specific spinal and other musculoskeletal misalignments, your chiropractor can reduce tension, pressure, and restore proper balance.
- Therapeutic Massage: Massage therapy can help to improve your flexibility, alleviate tension, and promote good circulation which is key to healing and overall good health.
- Heat & Ice: The application of heat and ice is a safe and effective way to alleviate pain and discomfort. It also helps the body improve circulation to the affected area for better healing.
- Strengthening Supportive Muscles: Often, the small, hidden support muscles of the body are under-conditioned and do not do their job of helping us maintain proper posture and body mechanics.
- Lifestyle & Dietary Counseling: Without the proper building blocks of life, the body cannot support good health or heal fully. Our team will help you discover the dietary essentials for good health for optimal wellness.
Low Back Pain Treatment in Grapevine, TX
Our team will work with you closely to discover the sources behind your low back pain. Chiropractic care is an excellent and effective alternative to pain medication and invasive surgical procedures. If you live in Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, or the surrounding area, call Lifetime Family Health Center today at (817) 310-0301 to schedule an appointment.